Sacred Books – Secret Libraries’ will be opening two Religious Houses with existing communities for visitors: The English Convent and the Friary of the Discalced Carmelites. A Guide will explain the Spirituality and way of life in these Religious Houses.
- 'Sacred Books | Secret Libraries’ opens what was closed until now
- This unique initiative keeps religious heritage alive
- A guide takes you on a journey around silence and spirituality
- The Carmelite Monastery has an intact monastery library and an impressive refectory
|Participants||Maximum of 15 persons per group/visit.|
Purchased tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
The ground floor of the Carmelite monastery is wheelchair accessible, but the entrance is at the rear, by the garden (accessible by the gate in the Jan Boninstraat).The library is located on the first floor and is only accessible by stairs; in the refectory a video is shown to visitors who do not go upstairs.
The reduction rate applies to:
- The visit to the monastery takes place in a small group (maximum 15 people).
- A guide guides the visitors along the experience trail through the monastery.
- The visit takes 1 hour.
- The visits that take place in the morning end with a meeting with a religious.
Viel best mee.
Daarvoor kennen we niet meteen vrienden of kennissen.
een aanrader, interessant
zeer goede gids
Aan mensen die de kloosters financieel willen steunen als erfgoed.