Step back in time on a journey through Belgian history on a full-day tour to Flanders Fields around Ypres. Learn about World War I as you visit key sites from the period, including the Menin Gate Memorial and the cemetery. You will also see the iconic poppy fields of Flanders.
- This fully guided Flanders Fields day tour takes you to the WW1 battlefields and memorials of the Ypres Salient.
- We include Tyne Cot Cemetery, Passchendale, Hill 60 preserved battlefield, a German cemetery, bunkers and craters, a restored trench.
- You will also visit the Hooge Crater area, a private museum, Essex Farm Cemetery and dressing station (site John McCrae) the town of Ypres and the Menin Gate and various us memorials to the British Forces (including ANZAC and Canadian).
- A sobering and eye-opening insight into the Western Front. This trip can be extended to include the Last Post Ceremony (www.lastpost.be) or to visit an ancestor`s grave (www.cwgc.org). Please ask in advance.
All entrances and lunch and fully guided tour are included.
Drinks at the lunch stop are not included.
* Please wear good walking shoes.
* Our daytour is not at all recommended for infants or toddlers.
* To our regret neither of our tours or our vehicles are suitable for people who need a wheelchair. Our apologies.
This trip can be extended to include the Last Post Ceremony www.lastpost.be or to visit an ancestor's grave www.cwgc.org. Please ask us in advance.
Our tour will give you a sobering and eye-opening part of the Western Front. Stops include:
• Monuments to all the British Forces, incl. ANZAC and Canadian...
• The imposing Menin Gate, memorial to 55,000 missing soldiers and their sacrifice for ‘King and Country’ which was erected in beautiful Ypres (Wipers)
• Now tranquil war graves in Tyne Cot Cemetery, Passchendaele.
• Polygon Wood, its cemeteries and memorials.
• The preserved battlefield of Hill 60 (Battle of Messines).
• The infamous Menin Road and a leisurely lunch at Hooge Crater Museum (or alternative)
.• Bunkers and craters, and a trench
• Unearthed ammunition- the Iron Harvest.
• A German cemetery.
• Field Dressing Station, site John McCrae.
• It is possible to visit an ancestor’s grave and to extend the trip to include the Last Post Ceremony. Please ask us in advance. Visit www.lastpost.be and www.cwgc.org for more information.